Short Documentary Synopsis:
A one-day shoot where the entire crew is deaf, except an aspiring hearing production coordinator who comes to work without knowing the life-changing experience that awaits him.
Cast: Brian Woodford
Director of Photography: Alexandra Hickox
Director/Producer: Nicola Di Capua
Canadian and World – Film Festivals and Screenings:
Nicola Di Capua is incredibly humbled and honoured that Step Into My World has been selected by ReelAbilities Film Festival: Toronto and will be screened in June 2018!
Step Into My World has been selected by LIFT Round-Up 2016 and was publicly screened on Thursday, July 20, 2017 at the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema (Toronto, Canada). Info: http://lift.ca/programming/lift-round-2016.
Step into my World has also been selected as a semi-finalist in Cinema Touching Disability Film Festival (Austin, Texas) on September 29, 2017.
Furthermore, Step Into My World generates, without doubt, dialogue in Nicola Di Capua’s public speaking presentations. By presenting his film, Nicola explains the inequity and disability accessibility issues while increasing awareness of language and attitudinal barriers encountered by people who are D/deaf or hard of hearing on a daily basis.
Step Into My World has been presented to the following audiences:
– What’s Your Impact?, Ryerson University (January 2018)
– Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (November 2017)
– National Disability Employment Awareness, University of Calgary (October 2017)
– Laurentian University (June 2017)
– Reclaiming Our Bodies & Minds Conference, York University (March 2017)
– The Coalition for Persons with Disabilities, Employment Agency (December 2016)